About four weeks ago, I was with a group of friends in Georgia talking about some personal and business goals for the next few months. From that weekend, I am supposed to publish a new blog post every week. If I don’t the consequences are huge (it includes a Tinder and Grindr profile created by someone else).
But this week it’s been really hard for me. I have sat at my computer screen for hours, thinking about what I should write. I ended up writing for 4 hours and I couldn’t come up with anything.
So, I’m writing this (because I am supposed to) to say how hard it is.
I have a feeling, I am not the only one who has been in this position. And this is not the only time I have been here. I think that is why many, many sites have a content stall.
To be honest, it really sucks. And if you are under any type of deadline (like I am now) the pressure doesn’t help the situation.
So, sitting here stuck without any ideas I talked to Bryan this morning and here is a list of things that he sent over to me, about how
A few tactical things you could do to get blog post ideas…
- Go to the ConvertKit support queue and write down a list of questions
- Brainstorm out some questions you have about how to do your job growing ConvertKit
- Go to quora.com and look for questions
- Go to the comment sections of ConvertKit blog, Videofruit and OKdork and look for questions
- Keep a running list of these questions
- When you’re in a bind, turn on your iPhone, read the question out loud and record your answer
- Publish that video or audio
So this is what I am going to start doing. I am going to start writing my list, and come back with an audio recording answering some of the questions.
Cya next week.